Sunday, December 20, 2009

Favorites

I have created this post as a kind of gateway site. The idea here is to keep a topical table of contents to my favorite posts.

Experiments in Graphical Philosophy
(These tend to be my most popular and most original posts)

-Why I am a Christian Despite Evidence to the Contrary (or Testing the R-squared of a World View)

-My Problem With Religion: A Quantitative Inquiry

-Why Christians Suck: The Problem of Christian Hypocrisy

Eco-Theology
(Posts about counter-intuitive intersections of theology and ecology*)

-The ‘Ideal Free Distribution’ of Professional Incompetence: Applying Patch Dynamics to the Workplace

-The Altruism Paradox: The Surprising Confluence of Christian Anthropology and Evolutionary Biology

-Theo-Coleopteraphelia: Actually, “An inordinate fondness for beetles” is precisely what I would expect

*two fields I have graduate degrees in
 
General Theology

-Easter Reflections on...the Honey Badger

-Psalm Plots (This was my most popular post.  It didn't exactly go viral, but got a serious case of internet sniffles)

-Chesterton’s Apple: Thoughts on Empirical Mysticism


Cultural Artifacts

-Briony’s Unsatisfying Atonement




-
Black Mirror and the Commodification of Outrage


Ecclesiology

-How I Stopped Hating Church

Travel Logs: CambodiaParaguay, Guyana, Afganistan, Kenya, and The Odyssey [2]
My 14 Favorite Hikes: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3
Cities: BangkokSt Louis, Portland, Las Vegas , Kansas City 1, KC 2

Annual Reading Summaries: 2014 Fiction, 2013 Fiction, 2013 Non Fiction, 2012 Fiction, 2012 Non Fiction, 2011 Fiction, 2011 Non Fiction, 2010, 2009


Fragments and Links[1]: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Explanation of the Blog Title-The Ogre’s Castle

Preaching: MP3’s and Manuscripts
_______
[1] These are posts composed of several ‘mini-posts’ or fragments what I thought were interesting but that didn’t merit their own post
[2] This was a seven day introductory field trip with the new class of UC Davis ecology Graduate Students.

1 comment:

You with us said...

Ahh... did you do this post for me? I love it!

Thinking of you and the family as you travel.